Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Baptism, Temple Trip and Fathers!!

 
In the Attic with Resusci-Anne!
 
Just another week in paradise!!.. Well... Except for this humidity! Im getting pretty sick of that already! It's been high 90's with 80% humidity lately. So it really feels like 105 basically!But no worries, everything's still going well! 
 
Aynn was able to to be baptized on Saturday, so that was a huge miracle! It's so weird having a baptism when I feel like I'm still getting to know these people! I'm still super happy for them, it's just that I've never had a baptism after only knowing them for a short amount of time! But it went very well. And she was really happy and excited! A Branch Member took the pictures so I will send them as soon as I get them! 

Also yesterday was a pretty special day as well! FATHERS DAY!! So happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. It was a very nice day, especially being the sabbath! We all shared stories and had a pretty good time! We talked about how important the role of a father is, and especially our Heavenly Father. I'm not too sure why I never really thought of that day being for my Heavenly Father too! His guidance, His love, His support. Where would we be without our Father in Heaven? So I am indeed glad I was able to realize that and truly ponder it as well. 
There's also a great Mormon message about our Fathers..here is a link to it!

We were also able to confirm the baptismal date for our investigator Linda Cotton. July 18th! So that's definitely something to look and work towards! It's been pretty awesome with her though, she was found through a couple in the Branch. They are probably the BEST "Member Missionaries" I've been around since I've been on my mission. They're talking with so many friends, neighbors, ect. And will soon be inviting us over to go teach those too!!

This week we surprisingly got a phone call Wednesday morning, saying that a member (of Ocoee Ward) was going through the temple for her endowments! And since Elder Uber first taught her at the beginning of his mission we were invited to go through the session with her! We were able to attend the 7:30pm session with her, and it was AMAZING!! Not to mention that some of Ocoee Ward was attending too! It was such a great day! 

Well....it was a pretty solid week this week! Nothing else really happened! But we're moving onto week 4 of this transfer now! It's flying!! Thanks for everything everyone, you guys are the absolute BEST! I miss and love you all!

-Elder A. Olson


No comments:

Post a Comment