Wednesday, April 1, 2015

25 Lessons, Bike Accident and Because He Lives!

"Because He Lives"



This week was a pretty sweet week! We were all striving really hard to end the week by reaching the huge goals we set together as a district. It was a great motivation with that daily reminder to go out and work our hardest! At the end of it all, we were able to see some miracles! We got around 25 lessons taught this week, which almost doubles last week’s numbers and we were also able to set a baptismal date with our investigator Kedecia this week!!  Her baptism date is coming up fast, but that is the day we prayed about and feel she can achieve! Luckily, she is super awesome and WILL be baptized eventually. Even if that day isn't right!

This week was also special because a few weeks ago, we were shown a video and given an initiative with it. It's called "Because He Lives" and we are all SUPER excited that it is now available to the public, and was released a few days ago!  It's especially special because it has to do a lot with the life, atonement, and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ! I encourage you all to go and watch it if you have not. The Spirit that is invited in that video is AMAZING! I hope you all can share that video, either on social media or in person!

Other than that, it's been a pretty average week though, temperatures cooled down to the low 70's so that was AMAZING (Especially on bike week) but now they are climbing again!  And speaking of bike week, I was also in a bike accident this week!! I was stopped at the crosswalk, waiting to cross and my companion HIT ME with his bike!  It smashed my leg into my own bike. Yeah I know...typical! It's alright though! No worries!

This week I had a weird dream. I had a dream of a campfire! That's the only thing I remembered from the dream. hahah! So basically this entire week, I, for some odd reason, just wanted to go on a hike or camping or at least SEE a mountain! But nah...didn't happen... I did get to go on exchanges with Elder Armijo again!! It was AWESOME! We had a pretty rad time, and met some really cool people! So that was a blessing!

This upcoming week is definitely going to be a busy one, with Easter AND GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! What a special and unique opportunity that we have to listen to our living day prophets and apostles! Heed the message that they give and truly apply them into our lives. The world is changing, and will continue to do so. That's why we need them. They truly are called of God and are here to help us be the best we can be and return to our Heavenly Father! I hope you all are as excited as I am for this conference and this wonderful opportunity we have! 

Anyway, sorry this is shorter than usual! Not too much going on, but either way I'm grateful for all of you guys and all your thoughts and prayers! I hope you all have a fantastic, safe and exciting week this week! I love and miss you all! 

-Elder A. Olson



No comments:

Post a Comment