Monday, March 16, 2015

Anniversary, Success, Investigators, Learning Creole


My Mom must LOVE this tie...again....this time a gift for St. Patty's Day

Amen


Goodies from the family!


Phew...made it through another week in Ocoee! Big surprise there!! Haha

Well this week had some rough parts, with the start of a new transfer and Thursday marked the 7th year an amazing man has been absent from our physical presence. Heaven is lucky to have someone like you!!! I miss you Colton, I can't believe it's been so long, but can also seem so short... You were the best example to everyone around you including myself.  I've always wanted to shape my life so that I could be a particle of who you were! The most amazing thing about missionary work is being able to share the knowledge I have! I know now and am fully aware that families can be together forever!  And although physical separation can be extremely hard, that is just more motivation for myself to strive to be the best I can be.  I will try my best to be my best so that I too can live up in that wondrous paradise with you and all my loved ones! Not a day goes by that you aren't on my mind, as I pick up and read from your scriptures! I'm thankful for the support you continue to offer, and I know you're doing great missionary work where you are too! I know you are where you need to be! Keep up the good work and thanks for the amazing memories!! I Love You Colton Ray Stewart! 

Also I found this quote that I'd like to share.

There is no physical pain, no spiritual wound, no anguish of soul or heartache, no infirmity or weakness you or I ever confront in mortality that the Savior did not experience first. In a moment of weakness we may cry out, “No one knows what it is like. No one understands.” But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He has felt and borne our individual burdens. And because of His infinite and eternal sacrifice, He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy. He can reach out, touch, succor, heal, and strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could never do relying only upon our own power.
—David A. Bednar

We saw a lot of success this week in our companionship. We ended up getting some really high numbers in all categories this week!  We were the leaders in our zone, however, numbers mean absolutely nothing unless there is a person attached to that number. We were able to pick up 4 new investigators just by talking with everyone!! Some of them are pretty solid too! Like one contact we made was outside with her 6 year old son watching the sprinklers. We invited her to church. Come to find out, she has been looking for one after hers was shut down and it left her kind of lost on where to go!  We also had a man just decide to walk into church.  He was an assistant pastor for another church, but always wanted to experience and see for himself what our service was about! He loved it and agreed to have us over.  He admires missionary work and is pretty sweet!

We had an investigator take us to KobĂ© Steakhouse this week for her birthday! It's a REALLY expensive Japanese Hibachi type restaurant. It was SOO rad! But yeah!..random.  haha! Totally look it up! 

I had to log into Facebook to get set up for our internet proselyting break, so that we can train in the next month or two. We will be learning how we can best use Facebook for finding, teaching and helping everyone around us! Thanks for the support and I will let you know when it will be up again and in use! It's been a privilege working on and with everyone on it and look forward to continuing sharing this gospel in ANY way possible!

Guess what??  We have our Zone Conference Wednesday, which also means we will be getting our new personal IPads!!! WOO! Mine won't have scratches from previous missionaries or anything! It'll be nice and kind of weird to take it home when my missions over! 

Also, we now have a Creole speaking missionary in Ocoee!!! He's in the other companionship in our Ward! This is SOO USEFUL because there is a large population speaking Creole here. …So I'm trying to learn a little haha. Also, I realized that in like 2 transfers from now I hit my YEAR mark! That's so weird to think about and it doesn't really feel THAT long already haha! I sometimes still feel like a greenie! 

Anyway, Thanks for all the love and support! I'm grateful for all of you and all you do! I love and miss you all! Have an AMAZING week!!

- Elder A. Olson


No comments:

Post a Comment