Monday, January 5, 2015

Rough Week....Sweet Week! Exotic Cars, Upcoming Baptism and Temple Palm Trees!





 
Alex Selfie with his Zelda Sword

Hi All!  Man, this week in Ocoee was such a sweet one, yet a very difficult one. I don't think I've seen so many deaths due to car accidents in my life!  There have been four that I've seen this past week and also someone riding a bike was hit and killed by our apartment! So that was tough...It was difficult because no matter what I would do, my thoughts were usually directed towards home. This area is sometimes just filled with drama... It made things hard and teaching rough, But I managed to get through! Phew.. BUT on the flip side, it was a very solid week and we had a total of 25 full lessons! 17 of those we had member fellowship lessons! So I was very happy and our zone leaders and president called to tell us “Good Job” and so that was a HUGE blessing!  That was the sweet part of the week!

Possibly one of my favorite parts about serving in Florida, is the fact that I see exotic cars all the time. Like today on our way to the temple, I saw a Ferrari 458 Italia, and a Lamborghini Diablo! SOO SWEET! So yeah! Happy day I guess hahah!

This week, a member of a different ward took us out to lunch. And although he had never met me before, he recognized me!...but from where?  Apparently, he saw my picture on a website that had pictures of family Skypes from Christmas and where the missionary was serving. So he saw me by accident on that website even before he met me!!! CRAZY!!!... And kind of weird!

But this week is going to be so awesome! One of our investigators (Jessica) is getting baptized on Saturday!! She's been waiting for this for an entire YEAR! She is WAY awesome and I'm so excited for her to finally be baptized!! She's been attending so long everyone thought she already was baptized hahah! Also, we have temple service tomorrow!! Basically our temple service is outdoor maintenance and yard work. The last time we worked at the temple, Elder Peay (who's from Salem and is AWESOME!) and I trimmed Palm trees, which includes cutting the dead Palms and Palm nuts off of them! It’s not too exciting, but hey, I'm at the temple so I couldn't be happier!!


On January 16th we get to go through the Orlando Temple for a Session!!!! YAAAAY!! It only happens 4 times on your mission! WOO!

Anyway..here is a little quote for you guys I found. "Hope is being able to see there is LIGHT despite all of the darkness" - Desmond Tutu


I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. Time is really flying and I'm excited to continue serving my Lord and help bring his children back home. I love and appreciate all of you and what you do and mean to me!! I miss and love you all!


Have an AMAZING week!!

-Elder A. Olson


No comments:

Post a Comment