Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Happenings,Skyping Technical Difficulties, It's a 75% off Miracle and Happy New Year!




Merry Christmas! Alex is obviously the "A". :)




Skype with Elder Olson on Christmas Day!  He would immediately stop talking and strike a pose whenever the camera came out.  We are glad to see that Alex hasn't changed!


HAPPY New Year this week!  I would like to start off by saying THANK YOU to EVERYONE who helped make this Christmas such an amazing one!! I sincerely appreciate all of the efforts to help me out on this Christmas while away! It was definitely a unique one, and one to remember! I'm thankful for all the letters, cards, packages and prayers!! It means so much! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas as well!



So basically, it was a busy holiday!  We did a ton on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We taught a bunch of lessons, ate lots of food at member’s houses, were able to Skype with our families, and hung out with some awesome people! And although it has been an overwhelming and overall stressful week, I love the people we teach!  They are all older and already know a lot… but that's also a hard thing. We have some that are nearly impossible to teach and they just argue with a lot of the doctrine we teach. This is because they were previously in a different denomination. We also had a lesson with an investigator last night, and we took a recent convert with us.  Unfortunately, part of the way through the discussion, the member basically started teaching false doctrine...that was stressing me out so much! We had to clear everything up! Oh well that's missionary work I guess! 



Christmas Day was totally AWESOME though!! Being able to see the people I miss and love was the perfect gift. And although we had technical difficulties at first (and that slightly freaked me out with no sound for the first five minutes) I was so happy to be able to finally talk to my amazing family, grandparents, and friend!!!  Thank you all for that opportunity, that's truly what made this Christmas special. I'm thankful for that amount of time I was given to see and talk with you guys again!



And tomorrow marks my 5th month on the mission!!! It’s kind of crazy to look back on the past five months and I realized that it doesn't really feel or seem like it's been that long. There definitely are days that it hits me, but when I look and think about what's to come, the privilege of being on a mission far surpasses the amount of time, and sacrifices it takes!



Also I experienced a miracle this week...as you may remember I found a LEGIT Legend of Zelda sword last week.  And even though I haven’t played it in a long time, I loved it when I saw it! Well, I went into the shop again this week and the owner said everything was 75% off!!  So now I am the proud owner of a sword!  I'll probably have to send it home hahahah! It's awesome!

Proud owner of the Legend of Zelda Sword!




Well...nothing too new this week other than it was a busy and stressful. Somehow managed to get through it! I just want to express my love for all of you! I'm so thankful for everything you do and the influence you all have on my life!



Again I'm thankful for the letters, packages and prayer directed towards me! Sorry if this email wasn't the most exciting thing ever but not much new has happened. I am up to the usual missionary work in a new place that I am still getting used to...and new companion.



I love and miss you all! Have an amazing New Year!! WOO 2015!! 

Be safe and have a great week!!



Elder A. Olson





No comments:

Post a Comment