Tuesday, December 23, 2014

New Area- "Crime Hills", New Companion, Elder Davis - "Hey I know you!" and Merry Christmas!!







First off, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to you ALL!!! I hope you all have an AMAZING holiday season, even though there's no snow yet really. If it makes you feel any better, I don't have snow either!

So yes...I was transferred to a new area with a new companion last week! I am now serving in Ocoee, FL., which is actually considered the ghetto of the mission. It’s definitely a LOT different than DeLand, but isn't THAT bad I guess. Our area consists of a little city called Pine Hills, which has the nickname around here of "Crime Hills". It fits its name because Elder Davis (My new Companion) and I had our bike helmets stolen! .... So yeah... it’s slightly sketchy!

Elder Davis is pretty awesome though, and he has been out 6 months. We both went to the same high school for 2 years and actually have some friends in common and so that's pretty sweet! He lived in Payson, and his family currently lives in Spanish Fork! So it has been really cool to talk about things around that area and people we both know.

Ocoee is definitely a wild time! Here they have a GIANT thrift store that consists of 40 Stores called J Mart and a few of our investigators own shops inside!!! Basically, you can get anything you can imagine there! I found a sword from Zelda…and I want it... and also custom chains. (Just so we fit in the hood I guess?) So YUP!!  Good times!

I have the feeling I’m only going to be in this area for one transfer though. It may be just one and then done in the area…. and Elder Davis will stay more.

The ward in this new area is pretty awesome though!!! The members that we have talked to so far are extremely awesome! They were especially nice to me because I replaced an elder that sadly, not many people liked. But it’s a VERY hard area and many are poor so we don't get fed too much but that's quite alright. Besides that, they are good to fellowship and they are ALWAYS willing to come out with us!

With being so close to the Orlando Temple (15 minutes away) every Tuesday we get to go and do service for the upkeep of the outside of the temple. It is AWESOME and such a good spiritual opportunity!!

Sorry, there is not much to say as I am still getting used to things, and this area.
I love you all and hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas and Holiday Season! Thanks so much for the many letters, cards, prayers, and support! It makes this time of year easier to be away. I love and miss you!

--Elder A. Olson



No comments:

Post a Comment