Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Time Flies, Work Continues and Giving Thanks






Hi Everyone!  I seriously can't believe I am halfway through another transfer! When other missionaries told me "after training, time flies" they honestly weren't kidding. Elder Cotton and I are having a way sweet time! It's so strange to think of how much we are getting done and actually having FUN!!! We set up another baptism for early January and picked up 2 new pretty awesome investigators!! The work here in DeLand is so great! We still have a week here and there of nothing happening and then we have weeks of intense work. It makes me really want to stay here through another transfer!

On Sunday I get to confirm our newest member Stacey C. who will be baptized Saturday! I'm pretty excited! Being able to give that amazing gift to people, the gift of the Holy Ghost, is like none other. It's special, sacred, and is a gift that is life long as long as you live worthy of it! It brings great blessings, and guides you like a compass! What a great thing we possess!

DeLand had an art festival kind of like Park City’s but not AS big! It was pretty cool though. People didn't really care what we had to say, sadly, and no drunk girls approached us this time haha!! But no worries! It was a pretty sweet week! The weather is more bipolar here than Utah. It got down into the low 40's with that bone chilling humidity in winter. And today it's like 80 degrees! No snow..sadly...


We got into another rad bible bash Friday night. It was totally hilarious!! Every Friday night these people (out of respect I won't say what religion haha) stand on the corners of Main Street and scream about Jesus and hand out cards and stuff. They always ask "Have You Been Saved?"  We talked to 2 different groups on different corners. Not to be rude, but the first time we just bashed a little back, and kind of dumped on their moods. But they were persistent and kept asking dumb questions! After them we got so sick of the bashing we ended up getting stopped by the next group and said "we just talked for like an hour!!" And just left them with our testimonies and rode off! It was hilarious! It's annoying but funny!


Anyway, I had an awesome message to share, but I'll save it for next week… Because as you all know Thanksgiving is this week. I truly hope you all have an AMAZING holiday. Remember those things you are truly thankful for! I have so much I could say I am thankful for, but for the reader sake I'll keep it fairly short. Haha.


I'm thankful I have this opportunity I'm living now, to serve my Heavenly Father and to bring those who need this Gospel into their lives. Through missionary work, I can help those people become closer to their Creator so they too can feel of this overwhelming love He has for us and bring their families closer together so they can return and live with their families after this life. It's such a blessing to be out here serving my Lord and doing all I can for others. I'm thankful for my family and friends. My support group is the best EVER! YOU are the best ever!! I wouldn't be out here or even be able to function without you guys. All the letters, emails, and prayers towards me! It's amazing...I can feel the blessings and the love. I'm also grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. What He has done for me, you, and everyone. He sacrificed himself so that we can do all we can in this life. We can live a happy and joyful life, and return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven again!  And that no matter what we do in this life, they will ALWAYS love us. Our Savior knows EXACTLY what and how we fill. That's comforting to me!

I love and miss you all! And I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

-Elder A. Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment