Monday, September 15, 2014

Investigators, Florida Hills, Jonny Bag of Donuts and BOM Tattoo

Hi All!



I don't even know what to say about this last week.. It started out so slow, and it was hard to even get people to talk to us! Our whole zone set a goal to gain 4 new investigators by the end of last week. It was definitely a challenge and we only ended up getting 2 and a strong potential investigator. BUT the two were some SOLID investigators!  They're so ready to learn about this church. 

We're still working with Trina and Willie. They've cut down their smoking by a lot so we're going to try and set a baptismal date for them! We have also been attending an addiction class with them. They're DEFINITELY moving along!! Jessi ended up in the ICU again, so we went over early in the morning and gave him a blessing. I think he is more open to the church now.  I only hope he gets better... Keep him in your prayers! It would be greatly appreciated!!

DeLand is SO awesome though, like seriously. I'll send some pictures of what's around town they have like professional murals painted on the sides of buildings! SOO sweet! The one thing I don't like about it.....the hills….Florida hills? What the? ;)  

Our investigator Ariel gets married on Saturday! On The beach and we were cleared by the mission president to go!! YES! I'm so excited to see the beach up close! haha. Also starting Wednesday we are helping to tutor the local high school and middle school students, mainly with their organizing. I'm pretty excited.  We've also been teaching and doing service for a lady named Rebecca.  We Helped her put up a fence for her horses, but now she wants a tattoo with a Book of Mormon reference, we had no clue what to say when she told us that.. And it is still awkward haha! Yo lady. Yo body be one of them temples.  :)

A member took us to a sketchy Mexican food truck..my burritos name was "Johnny bag of donuts" it was GOOD! Like Cafe Rio. I also just want to read Harry Potter right now for some reason. It's weird. I don't read! haha! It's been almost 2 months without caffeine. I blame it on that.

On a serious note, I read something recently that I liked. I Thought I would share it with you guys:) "Walk with integrity; in storm and sunshine, be faithful; in richness or in poverty, be faithful; in youth or old age, be faithful. Hold out until the end and God will bless you and crown your days with sweetness, peace, and love."  That really struck me after reading this scripture, "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 
2 Corinthians 4:6. He commanded the light to shine through the darkness, through storms and sunshine If we keep faithful and know he is there to help us in every situation, when life feels like sunshine or storms. As long as we stay faithful and keep the hope in our hearts the "weather" of our lives and what we're facing will pass. You can't always trust the weatherman hahaha!

Anyway, that might not make sense, but whatever.

Thanks for all the love and support. Love and miss you all!

-Elder Olson

(PS: sorry if I didn't type a word correct. Still getting used to an iPad haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment