Monday, September 8, 2014

Tough Week, Florida Weather, Fear Not, Things Will Work Out!


Hi All!

Sometimes you have weeks that just don't work out in the mission
field. This is one of those weeks. It's just a bummer because that seems
like it has been so much harder the last 2 weeks! This week we had LOTS
of appointments but they all fell through. Anyway, I had some good
parts to this week also! One of our late appointments fell through so
we were thinking of someone we could go visit really quick. The name
of one of our potential investigators came to my mind even though
we've never met her. So that's where we decided to go to! She wasn't
home, but at the exact moment we were about to leave her neighbor came
home.  We asked if he could give a paper to her and he agreed he would.
He continued to ask why we needed her and so we explained. Long story
short, it turns out his mother had passed away last month and he has
gotten himself into drinking a lot of alcohol. We explained a little and
he said he would most likely be interested in us teaching more later
on!  

Although we haven't had the opportunity to see him again, I KNOW I
felt we had to go there for a reason. I just want us all to pay
particularly attention to that still small voice, it could lead us to something
amazing.

It is still WAY too humid and hot here and I can’t believe you were snowed on at Scout Camp Dad!  I wish we had some snow here right now:) I have heard that it doesn’t start to cool off here until October.  Florida has been the usual down-pour for like two hours then nasty humid.  Biking around isn’t that bad, it’s just mega hot and gross! Plus, the drivers here are really bad, but it’s OK.   Mom, I am eating pretty much the same as I ate at home… and lots of pasta!  I think I have gained weight from all of the member’s feeding us.

I also want to share this scripture in Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for
I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen
thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right
hand of my righteousness."

We all have those discouraging weeks. They might even last longer
than that. Just keep in mind we need not to fear. He is with us, will
strengthen us in all we do. And ALWAYS be here to help us.

I'm about half way done with my trainer companion! Crazy! We gained a
few investigators and lost some. It happens!  Things don't always go as
planned, but as WE strive to do our best. The Lord will work things out
for us, and we WILL have the best outcome. I'm so thankful for this
opportunity. And for all of your love and support! 
 
Sorry I didn't have too much to say, just another average week as a missionary?! Love you all! -Elder Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment