Monday, May 9, 2016

Chill Week




Hello Everyone, I hope you all had a great week this week!! It was a pretty average week here and nothing out of the ordinary really happened work and lesson wise! Brother Short came back from his vacation (he got to meet some of my family at the floral in Salem)so we spent a while with him this week! Also, most of our week was spent finding new people to teach. We just went around trying to find potential investigators, or former investigators basically, and along the way met quite a few new people!!

We tried to knock on a former investigator's door and a man walked out from behind the house. It wasn't the man we were looking for, but it was his father who lived in a trailer behind the home. So we had a good chat with him. His name is Randy and he's a little on the crazy side of things... But hey, he said he's always wondered what made Mormons happy so we will help him see the gospel now!! We also went and visited a less active member and her 5 kids. All of her kids are under 11 and LOVE Elder Rowley and I, so we like to go visit their mother, Mandy, and try to help get her and her kids to church. And while there, we went around back to where they were fishing in the backyard and also met another guy named Randy, who is a family friend. We invited him to church Sunday and he said he would come and that it would be his first time coming to a church in 25 years!! He did show up and brought Mandy and her 5 kids with her, so we will see how we can continue working with him!

We also had a good little fiesta with a member in the branch. She invited lots of people both members and non members to her fiesta, so that was a great opportunity for us to briefly explain what we do and just get to talk to all sorts of people. I have a few pictures of that to share and I'll have more next week because I forgot my camera today...





Also, just a quick update on Carl. He finished the Book of Mormon. So that's super awesome!!! WOOHOO!! We are still working with him  to try to get him to come to church.

But the ultimate best part of the week was of course the Skype home we were able to do on Mothers Day! It was AWESOME! I'm grateful for the support system I have back home and for all they do for me! It was nice being able to have a great conversation with my family again. I'm so grateful for them and their constant support and love! Honestly that was the highlight of the week, seeing those I love and miss so dang much! I love you all!  Through the whole Skype it was just running through my head that it was my final Skype home on my mission, and in a short 11 weeks or so I'll be home! It's just so surreal to think that it's almost over... But I do hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I'm continually grateful for the special roles you women play in our lives. God bless you! Thanks for all you do for all the rest of us! I hope you truly feel of the love and special divine calling given by your Heavenly Father!

Just a quick quote for a little spiritual uplift- As we walk the path of discipleship, it refines us, it improves us, it helps us to become more like Him, and it leads us back to His presence. Living the gospel faithfully is not a burden. It is a joyful rehearsal--a preparation for inheriting the grand glory of the eternities. Enlightenment and understanding come to us when we do the will of the Father. Jesus Christ has cleared the way for us so that we too, must never feel unloved or alone. So that we too can progress to unimaginable heights!

Sorry this is a short one this week. It wasn't all that exciting other than the Skype home on Sunday!! And well... I talked to the majority of who I email anymore then hahah!! I love and miss y'all! Have a great week this week! Thanks for all you do!


—Elder A. Olson 



No comments:

Post a Comment