Monday, December 28, 2015

Special Assignment

 
Masterpiece!!


I put the "I" in Christmas!

This week has been a bunch of craziness and fun!! First off, this week was super hard to meet with people. Everyone was basically out of town or just super busy with family and prepping for the holidays. Because of this, not too much teaching was able to happen. We were able to swing by and see most of them, but it was for the most part just to check in on them!

Also, this week was pretty awesome because it was CHRISTMAS!!! WOO!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and were able to celebrate with lots of fun, food, and of course...Family! We had quite the successful Christmas here in Melbourne Florida! We started our day off eating breakfast at the bishop's house, which was super cool! His family gave us some pretty sweet socks and a tie! THEN we went to the Gilgers' and had left over Christmas Eve food for lunch, (they fed us Christmas Eve as well) and Skyped our families from their house. I had an AMAZING time talking to family and friends. Thank you all for being there and for your love. You are all amazing, and have impacted my life immensely and changed who I am today!! I love having that opportunity, that is obviously the best gift in the world. I love and miss you all! You make my holidays away from home a lot easier. Thank you! Words can't describe my appreciation!! After our Skype, we had dinner with the Elders Quorum president. It was a good day full of fun, food and family!!:)

This week we also got our transfer call!  And let me tell you....this one has brought me a TON of confusion and stress! Saturday afternoon, we got a call saying that Elder Anderson was leaving. Then around 10pm that night we got another call from the Assistants saying president prayed about it and I will be the one leaving, but not for another week and a half AFTER transfer meeting?! Apparently I will be taking part in a "special assignment". I'm thinking that I'll be whitewashing/opening a new area. But I should find out about it more tomorrow! Sorry I don't have any details, I will let you know more about it next week.

Just quick like..here is one of my favorite quotes from Dieter F. Uchtdorf - "Wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love. Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time!"

I love and miss you guys! Thanks for everything, sorry this email is somewhat shorter. Love and miss you!


-Elder A. Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment