Monday, July 20, 2015

Week of Dr. Visit, Orlando Temple with Salem Sister Sighting plus Linda's Baptism!

 
True Men in Black form here!


Ah another week down and I truly can't believe how fast this is going!!! My year mark is on the horizon! Man... it doesn't feel it's been half of a mission already! Sometimes I still feel brand new and back to my greenie stage! haha. I am so happy to be serving in the mission I am. No matter where you are placed, there will be people who need YOU! You are serving the Lord and His children.. Florida has been amazing so far and I couldn't ask for anything more awesome!

This week was such a different week but it has been quite the adventure! First off, we were able to head down to Orlando again. We visited Dr. Bean....and....he actually isn't sure what is going on with my back. He looked at it for quite a while and couldn't really prescribe anything to do! He gave me some stretches to do and told me to take meds, but overall, he believes it's Sheuermann's Disease. From what I understood about it, it's slightly like Scoliosis but it's more of a annoyance than anything is what he said! So if it doesn't fix itself in 4 weeks I get an X-ray.. So fingers crossed it's alright!!

 
Also, Friday while in Orlando, we went and did a temple tour with Linda! And while there the two new sisters (Sister O'Hara and Davis) from Salem were there! So that was pretty awesome and exciting to see people who went to high school with me! They seriously are in the best mission ever and I hope they enjoy it while here!


Also speaking of Linda, we were able to have her baptism this week, and it was seriously one of my most stress free baptisms. She was so prepared and had everything set up and ready to go basically! It went very well and we are SUPER excited to have her in the Branch Family.  We weren't able to get any pictures of the baptism sadly...it just kinda slipped the mind, but we did get some group ones at the temple the night before. Once I receive them from the member, I will send it out!


Also, I forgot to mention that my new Zone Leader for this area is Elder Cooper! (my first companion/trainer) So that's pretty exciting! I am going to try harder with sharing a little spiritual message in my emails again. I used to, but have slowly stopped and only would when something came to mind! So here's a little thought taken from a General Conference talk.. "While it is important to be aware of the desire Satan has to own us, it is not necessary for us to live in fear. In the Doctrine and Covenants we are taught, “If ye are prepared ye shall not fear.” (D&C 38:30.) As we prepare ourselves to receive the blessings of the Lord and to be worthy to serve him, we are gathering strength--power from the Holy Ghost--preparing ourselves to overcome evil."


And I might as well leave you with my testimony that this little paragraph could not be more true. I encourage you all to do what the Lord has asked, and in return he will truly provide all that he sees fit In your lives. He loves you more than you can comprehend!! He knows you, He knows how you feel. I've seen it in my missionary work and more importantly my life! 


Thanks for everything you do for me!, I love, miss and pray for you all always!!


-Elder A. Olson

Parking Lot Campfire


No comments:

Post a Comment