Monday, October 13, 2014

ER Visit, Twenty Three Bites and Another Baptism!

Orlando Temple Visit




This week was definitely an eventful one!!! So much went on but yet not too much…. I don't know how to explain it. We didn't get too many lessons this week sadly. We had only one dinner appointment but we did pick up a new investigator.  YAY!


Then on Thursday, I took care of our zone leader, Elder Gottfredson.   He got really sick at a meeting we held and so we came back to our apartment while Elder Cooper went with Elder G's companion back to Daytona to do all their appointments.  I stayed back and watched Elder G. and talked to the mission doctor on the phone for over an hour.  Then I was informed that I had to take him to the emergency room! It was CRAZY!! They initially thought he had food poisoning...it was appendicitis and had to get his appendix removed with only a month left of his mission!! SUCH an eventful night hahah!  He's good now though.


Priya got baptized this week and it was SO cool! All that work is paying off!! WOO! She LOVED it and yes I was able to confirm her a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!! It was such a sweet and great opportunity! I feel blessed that I was able to do it! Although I can't remember what I said, the Spirit guided me along.  Seriously, it was cool!   One baptism down and one more scheduled for this Saturday!!!


On exchanges this week we did service like almost all evening. I had about 23 mosquito bites on ONE leg. Yup... So that was joyful! It's good now!


I also found out like the coolest Elder that was in my MTC district (and came out with me to Orlando) is going home already... LI didn't expect him to at all! Dang. Bummer!

It's still very hot. Luckily things are supposed to cool down! My body just feels and expects it to be cool when I walk outside haha! Other than that, nothing else really happened. November 4th is transfers. So that's another thing to look forward to. LOL! Anyway, I’ll share a little message since my email isn’t very eventful.

“Let us, as disciples, reach out to all who for whatever reason, have moved away from the hope of the gospel’. Let us reach to lift handswhich hang hopelessly down.”
–Elder Neal A. Maxwell (Preach My Gospel)

For those whose hands hang low remember: Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

I know they can become strong. I have personal witness that they can. It's amazing what it can do. Just give it ALL your effort and you will be greatly blessed with any weakness or affliction that might be standing in your path!

I love the quote by Jeffery R. Holland this conference. "I may not be my brother’s keeper, but I am my brother’s brother." Do all you can to help those around you like it says in that quote by Neal A. Maxwell. They need help. Most need faith, but most are lost. Help 'find' them and be an example!

Thank you all so much for the love and support I'm receiving. I can definitely feel the difference and I greatly appreciate it all! 

Thanks! Love you and miss you!


Love
-Elder Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment