Monday, October 20, 2014

BAPTISM, SERVCE WITH SECRET ROOMS, CAR MILE WOES AND FOREST WITH NO ALLIGATORS.



This week was probably our best number wise. We taught a good amount of lessons, had some member present lessons, and 2 new investigators!! Not to mention we had Ariel’s baptism and another temple tour!!! YAY!! 


Things have been so conflicting and I hit a few rough days this week. But you just kind of have to power through them and serve those around you. That's the key to fixing things out here. haha! It was a good week though. I'm nervous for this week because I'm the one that's in charge of everything for week 11... But after that it's only ONE MORE WEEK until transfers!!! Since I'm training and Elder Cooper has been here a transfer longer than me, I think I'll be staying in DeLand for at least one more transfer with a new companion! And I'm NOT complaining about that! I LOVE serving in DeLand! It's such a good city. Although I don't know my new companion, I have high hopes haha. :)



Ariel’s baptism went well this week! It was SWEET! Had a couple of special musical numbers where her and her 9 year old sang. I'm just glad she was FINALLY able to get baptized! Also, this week we took Priya and a different recent convert Michael to the Orlando Temple to walk the grounds. They were both absolutely speechless! It was so great and this time we went in daylight so the pictures are somewhat better! WOO! One of the Temple President’s Counselors came out and let us come into the lobby and we talked with them about the importance of Family History. It was honestly such a sweet day and it was on the same day as the baptism!



We've been doing a lot of service this week and usually early in the mornings. We were helping a member clean up his trees/backyard. Also, we helped a different member move stuff from one house to her new one!  We also helped her re-do the inside a little. She's having "hidden rooms" like in movies, behind bookshelves and stuff! She's cool!



It's just been a long week, it was our car week. But we biked the WHOLE WEEK cause we're almost out of monthly miles already... So we probably biked like 30-50 miles a day. Not terrible but not fun. Mainly cause we visited a lot of less actives that like WAY far away from our apartment.



On our way to Orlando, I found out that Fall-Out Boy and The Black Keys are playing...I want to go to a concert... It's kind of a bummer not to be able to BUT we did visit a cool protected forest area, full of swamps, Hawks, snakes and alligators!  We didn't see any alligators sadly. 



I do miss Utah. The weather has been in the low 70's until like noon most days. So mornings are like 60!! It feels SOO nice! That's what reminds me of Utah. Walking outside and knowing it will be cool. Florida is kind of hit or miss. Depending on humidity!



Anyway...here's another little thought:) 

What steps can we take today to “walk with Him”?



1. Feed the desire to be a better follower of Christ.

2. Pray for this desire that your faith in Him may grow.

3. Obtain knowledge from the scriptures, lighting the way and strengthening your desire to change.

4. Make the decision today to act and say, “Yes, Lord, I will follow Thee!” Simply knowing the truth will not change your world unless you turn knowledge into action.

5. Persevere in the decision you have made by exercising these principles daily.



May the words of our beloved prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, motivate us to action in our desire to accept the Savior’s invitation. President Monson said: “Who is the King of glory, this Lord of hosts? He is our Master. He is our Savior. He is the Son of God. He is the Author of our Salvation. He beckons, ‘Follow me.’ He instructs, ‘Go, and do thou likewise.’ He pleads, ‘Keep my commandments.’”



May we make the decision today to increase our level of worship and commitment to God, and may our response to His invitation be heard loud and clear: “Yes, Lord, I will follow Thee!”

-Elder Eduardo Gavarret


The best council you can get/give is basically this: In our lives we get caught up in SOO many things, so many "noises" and different distractions. I know and have witnessed that if we go back to the basics, go back to the fundamentals of daily scripture study, honest daily prayer to our Heavenly Father, and attending church, our prayers will be answered. We WILL come closer to our Heavenly Father and receive numerous blessings. I've witnessed it and have recently had to lay it kind of hard on investigators. That if they do this, they WILL receive help to quit smoking. But they have to WANT it and give it their all with those things.


I love and appreciate all that has been given to me and the sacrifice our Savior Jesus Christ has done for us. For this atonement and the opportunity and blessing we have to be forgiven for what we have done big or small. I love and appreciate you ALL! And am thankful for the support! Miss and love you guys! 




-Elder Olson





No comments:

Post a Comment