Sunday, August 17, 2014

Elder Olson has arrived in Orlando....or somewhere in Florida!



Well, after 12 days in the MTC, Elder Olson has arrived safely in Orlando!  I had the opportunity to talk with him by phone from the airport in SLC and then received an email that night to let us know that he had arrived.  BOTH were shorter than a mom would like, however, it was just wonderful to know that he is safely in his mission area and ready to serve.  It has been a LOOOONG week not knowing where exactly he has been assigned or who his companion is....or how many bike accidents there have been so far:)   But being the internet stalker mom I am, I was able to find a picture of him and the other new missionaries that arrived in Orlando on the 11th.  Thankfully there is are couple missionary blogs that may provide me with some pictures etc. :)

I will update this weekly as I get letters or emails from him and have also included his contact information at the top of this blog if you would like to write him.  Here are some excerpts from his emails and letters so far:

August 2, 2014- MTC
"Today is my first P-day and on my Birthday! Birthdays just aren't the same without my family and it's still hard to not be there with you all but overall today wasn't that bad.  We had the opportunity to go through the Provo Temple!  It was neat!  And after, two awesome elders in my district surprised me with a birthday gift - a tie clip and a shirt!  They are the 2 best elders! Thank you all so much for the awesome gifts, cards, letters and emails.  I didn't expect that and it totally made my day!  This is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done, but like Jeff (Bishop) reminded me, "I never said it would be easy.  I only said it would be worth it!"


August 9, 2014 - MTC
"I love you guys so much.  I miss being home, but I know that I am where I need to be!  I like this quote "Successive small and connected steps can, with UNWEARIED DILIGENCE, finally bring us where we wish to be" - Elder Maxwell.  I have had the hardest but most spiritual last 2 days ever.  An Elder from our new zone wanted to go home.  As Zone Leaders, me and my companion helped calm him and he got the chance to talk to his parents.  He is staying for now! We took him to our investigator and the elder shared a personal story, which I think helped commit her to baptism!  YAY!" 

August 11, 2014 - Orlando/Mission Home
"Hey!  I made it out to Florida!  So far it seems pretty sweet.  Large, humid and green!!  That is basically what describes Florida.  The missionaries and mission president here are really nice and awesome, however, I am getting really nervous about tomorrow.....I get my first training companion and basically it all starts.  Even though I feel completely inadequate and like I don't know enough, I love my mission and can't wait to see what this brings. Sorry this is brief but there are 12 missionaries and two computers.  I will write more later.  I love you all so much!"  Elder Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment