Monday, March 28, 2016

Racin' Outta Sebring!!





Happy Monday Everyone!! I hope you all had an awesome week, and a Happy Easter weekend too! We had a overall pretty crazy week this week. It was also the final week of the transfer so we had a lot to pack into our schedule.

We went and did some service for a older couple who are somewhat less active. He openly admits he's lazy and that's why they don't always come to church! But we love them, and actually their son is a member of the Ocoee Ward that I got to know, so that's a funny connection we often talk about! But anyways, we did service for them and also met their daughter, Tina. She has been battling some major health challenges recently, so we gave her a blessing... Later on this week she contacted us saying the doctors were amazed that she was improving quite rapidly!! But she still has a lot going on so pray for her if you will.


Also we gave a blessing last week to our Investigator Steven (Jay's daughter's boyfriend) because he had an infection on his arm.  He didn't really know what a blessing was so we briefly explained how it goes, and how it works through the recipients Faith. If they have the faith to be healed, and it's in God's will, He will do His part! So we met with him this week, and he showed us the spot where the infection WAS! He was so surprised because the redness and all the swelling had completely vanished! He said the pain stopped that night and by the next day it was almost completely gone! So it was very humbling to see how by me exercising my Priesthood Authority and giving that blessing it has/can bless the lives of others and helped them gain a witness that the Priesthood, which was once lost, has again been restored! THEN after that he went around sharing his testimony of how the blessing helped him to all his non-member friends!


What else?... We had a crazy storm on Friday. It was raining so hard that you couldn't see out your windshield. But not only that, the rain started to become hail, so that was so awesome! That's the first time I've seen hail in probably 2 years! And the closest thing to snow in Florida I suppose. haha!


The end of this week got really confusing. Saturday we received transfer calls. Everyone assumed I was leaving..and..well... The initial call was for Elder Davis and I to both stay AGAIN in Sebring for a third transfer together. But at about ten o'clock that night we received a call from our mission assistants saying they messed up on a companionship, so I will be leaving this transfer:( BUT oddly enough I'm only going down to Lake Placid, which is in our district, and meets in the same chapel we do! Haha! So that is going to be weird serving full time there, but still seeing a lot of the same people at church in the halls. I'll be serving with Elder Rowley. I've talked about him before with exchanges, so that will be pretty sweet! I was so sad though because I love the people here in Sebring, the members, and investigators we have. I didn't want to stop teaching them! But I'll still see them every couple weeks or so I'm sure!


And being that I am leaving, I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting on the
Atonement for the Easter holiday, which ended up REALLY well. I didn't have much time to prepare, but so many member came up to me after in tears, and such saying that talk was great and it really brought the purpose of Easter to life..etc. so yeah! Also, in Sacrament Meeting, right after the second speaker we had one of our investigators pass out. She has blood sugar problems and also has COPD apparently. She forgot to eat breakfast and went unconscious. Luckily we have a lot of medical professionals in the ward so they checked her blood sugar and called for an ambulance. It was freaky but she is alright!


That's about it though. I don't have a spiritual thought because I'm going go attach 3 pictures of part of my talk. It's a story our mission president's wife gave us. It helps you picture the Atonement in a very unique way! So I'll be sure to send that. I Love and miss you all! Thanks for everything! Have an awesome week!


-Elder A. Olson



No comments:

Post a Comment