Monday, February 9, 2015

Manhunt, New Investigator, JMart Happenings and Valentine's Day/Love






Well this week wasn't anything special and really just an average week! Serving in Ocoee/Pine Hills I thought I would have MUCH cooler stories and experiences!!! Haha!  The only exciting thing that seems to ever happen anymore are the manhunts with helicopters flying overhead, using their searchlights!! Pssh...lame!


The beginning of this last week was definitely a struggle.  Our lessons weren't working out, I had some difficulties with the new companion, and just super stressed! Luckily things are improving ever so slightly. Any progression is still progression! It has just been an exhausting few weeks for sure, however, we are seeing some success and miracles despite the trials. One of our newest investigators Kedecia was able to attend a baptism for a recent convert. She had previously been baptized into a different church and at the time felt as if her heart was in the right.  She expressed to us the feelings she got while attending church and also attending Sacrament Meeting. She's not set in stone to be baptized into our church, but she is doing great and is super solid! So we're planning on setting a date with her!


Jessica is still planning on reaching her goal of being baptized the on 21st, but smoking is still holding her back and her date might have to be bumped a little further into the future.  It's a struggle for her but that's when a good testimony really forms. It might take time but it will be worth it!  And to have the faith to quit something so difficult in order to draw closer to your Heavenly Father and follow that example of Jesus Christ is an amazing thing to strive for!

We also had a funny situation happen this week.  We were preparing for our lesson in the parking lot of JMart (ghetto shopping center Edwina owns a store in) and planning on how we would teach her when someone pulled up next to us. The man hopped out of the car and started walking inside. He turned around and yelled to his wife in the car, "Yo lock da doors!!" Then looked at us and said "Oh no not because of you! We're just in the hood." THEN we went knocking on former investigators doors a few hours later and THE SAME GUY ANSWERED THE DOOR!!! He's like super funny and cool, so yeah! It’s Kind of a lame story but it was funny to experience!

This week is going to be crazy! It's already going to be strange not having to work in the flower shop and doing deliveries on Valentine's Day... Next...well...I'm in Florida, where it's like 75 degrees in February already!


But, speaking of Valentine’s Day, I would just like to express how much I love you all! I may not know who is reading, but I love you all! I'm so thankful for the support that is being given while in on my mission. It definitely makes it much easier, and enjoyable! I'm grateful for all of you for all you do! Whether it be with letters, watching over my family, friends or myself, or simply reading this email! I'm so blessed to have such an amazing support group! Thank you!


And I hope you not only feel my love, but also our Saviors love. That doesn't come with a special day but that's available all day, any and every time we need! I know He wants us to be happy. He wants us to feel loved so that we can grow and be our best. He wants us to never feel alone. He is ALWAYS beside us. He knows how we feel. He suffered for us so that WE could ALL live again. We can all experience tremendous joy and live with Him and our Father in Heaven again!!


Anyway...let's hope this week is totally awesome! I hope you all have an AMAZING week ahead of you. Stay safe and have a fantastic Valentine’s Day!
I love and miss you all!

-Elder A. Olson

Got My Haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment