Monday, November 23, 2015

I SEE THE SEA!!

 
In honor of my transfer, I am wearing my SWIMM shirt:)


Beach houses in Melbourne

Well..this was quite the week! Like I mentioned last week, I did get transferred and oddly enough I was super nervous to be moved! I seriously enjoyed my time in Sumterville. And even though it was a very unusual place, it started to become like home! I love the members there, and all the people we were able to get in contact with!

So anyway, I'm in another super awesome area! I am now serving in Melbourne FL, which is basically an area I've been wanting to serve in since the beginning of my mission! The area is sweet and we have the beach in our ward! YAY!!! The Ward is also super awesome. It was really crazy though, because before I left I felt like this was the area I would go!! So anyway, the work is pretty slow here sadly but the area is super awesome, and so are the people! We are teaching some pretty cool less-active members and have a few investigators. I'm also in search of a band that I used to go see in Provo (SWIMM) that told me they lived on Satellite Beach, which is in our ward boundaries! WOOHOO!!! 


Unfortunately, I don't have many photos to share today. We will be having a beach PDay hopefully soon and I can get some great beach/ocean pictures then. Missionaries are only allowed to go about once every other transfer, so we should be having a beach PDay soon I hope!

This week we had a crazy lesson with a less-active member, who's husband is like literally crazy! He made us watch a 45 minute video on black rights and stuff like that. Then he wouldn't let us leave his house. It was crazy! BUT on the bright side, we did about 14 hours of service this week. It was AWESOME!!! We helped the second counselor in our mission presidency lay tile down in his living room. He wants it finished by Thanksgiving and we got most of it done, but tomorrow should be the finale day of grouting. It was awesome to be able to help them out!

Really there wasn't much else that happened this week other than moving areas and getting used to Melbourne! Tonight I have an exchange with Elder Peay. He's a missionary from Salem that I went to school with! So that will be way awesome!

Also, I don't have much of a spiritual thought today, I apologize for the lame email!! It's just been a crazy and quite stressful week! But I do have a scripture that stood out to me in my personal study. Alma 36:3 "whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving this week! I know that I'm super excited! I'm thankful so so many things. I'm thankful for this opportunity to serve my Father in Heaven and for my absolutely amazing support system back home. You all have impacted my life so much and I hope you know of my love for you! I'm thankful for my Savior and for His ministry and His ultimate sacrifice for us so that we can continue growing. And although we have flaws, we can progress to become at least slightly better. I'm thankful that death has no sting, even though we are physically separated. Once we realize that eternal aspect, the comforter can flood our souls. Thank you for all you do for me! I love and miss you all!


-Elder A. Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment